Heather Blake (aka Heather Webber) is the author of more than a dozen novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch reality TV (especially cooking competition shows), drink too much coffee, crochet, bake (mostly cookies), and occasionally leave the house to travel to the beautiful mountains in the northeast. Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but currently she lives in the Cincinnati area with her family and is hard at work on her next book.
28 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) I am completely, hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper.
2) Three of my favorite shows as a child were Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Quincy, M.E. (Is it any wonder I write what I do?)
3) I can eat a whole sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints without thinking twice. They’re there, and then they’re (poof!) gone.
4) I change my mind a lot.
5) I love animals and include them in all my books. (Except the animal mentioned in #22)
6) I wake up every morning with a song in my head. (Sometimes one from #26)
7) My first trip to Salem, Massachusetts, was when I was a sixth-grader on a field trip.
8) I once quit a job at McDonald’s because I was only given a five cent raise.
9) I look forward to the first snow of the year every winter.
10) I like to be in complete control of the TV remote.
11) I'm a mass of contradictions.
12) Still own a pair of ice skates I used as a child (yet have not been ice skating in over twenty years!).
13) I’m a very good driver (probably as a result of learning to drive in Massachusetts).
14) I don't like merry go-rounds or carousels. Hello, dizziness.
15) I once kissed a dolphin (and loved it!).
16) I'm very stubborn about certain things. (Despite # 4)
17) I collect tiny glass and ceramic bowls.
18) One of my favorite places is Stowe, Vermont.
19) I once wanted to be a medical examiner. (Thanks to the doc from #2)
20) One of my favorite items on my desk is a laughing Buddha.
21) I am as klutzy as people come—and have the scars to prove it.
22) I hate, hate, hate centipedes.
23) I like fried chicken better the next day as cold leftovers.
24) I love a spinny chair. (See #11, then #14)
25) I hated coffee until a few years ago, now I drink it every morning. (See # 4)
26) I'm a closet Hall & Oates fan. (Shhh!)
27) I have bouts of vertigo. (See # 14)
28) I would probably be a nurse if I wasn’t a writer. (Thank goodness this writing thing seems to be working out.)
Link to my alter ego.