Heather Webber, aka Heather Blake, is the author of more than twenty-five novels. She loves to read, drink too much coffee and tea, birdwatch, crochet, and bake. She currently lives near Cincinnati, Ohio, and is hard at work on her next book.
28 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) I am completely, hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper.
2) Three of my favorite shows as a child were Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Quincy, M.E. (Is it any wonder I write what I do?)
3) I love cookies. My current favorite is super-thin chocolate chip.
4) I change my mind a lot.
5) I love animals and include them in all my books. (Except the animal mentioned in #22)
6) I wake up every morning with a song in my head. (Sometimes one from #26)
7) My first trip to Salem, Massachusetts, was when I was a sixth-grader on a field trip.
8) When I sneeze, I get goosebumps. Every. Time.
9) I look forward to the first snow of the year every winter.
10) I like to be in complete control of the TV remote.
11) I have an impressive yarn stash, and it's still not enough. Need. More. Yarn.
12) Still own a pair of ice skates I used as a child (yet have not been ice skating in over twenty years!). [Updated 2014: I went skating again and lived to tell about it!]
13) I’m a very good driver (probably as a result of learning to drive in Massachusetts).
14) I don't like merry go-rounds or carousels. Hello, dizziness.
15) I once kissed a dolphin named Lester (and loved it!).
16) I'm very stubborn about certain things. (Despite # 4)
17) I collect tiny glass and ceramic bowls.
18) One of my favorite places is Stowe, Vermont.
19) I once wanted to be a medical examiner. (Thanks to the doc from #2)
20) One of my favorite items on my desk is a laughing Buddha.
21) I am as klutzy as people come—and have the scars to prove it.
22) I hate, hate, hate centipedes.
23) I like fried chicken better the next day as cold leftovers.
24) I love a spinny chair. (Despite #14)
25) I hated coffee until my late 30s, now I drink it every morning. (See # 4)
26) I'm a closet Hall & Oates fan. (Shhh!)
27) I have bouts of vertigo. (See # 14)
28) I would probably be a nurse if I wasn’t a writer. (Thank goodness this writing thing seems to be working out.)
Link to my alter ego.