Heather Blake (aka Heather Webber) is the author of more than twenty-five novels and has been twice nominated for an Agatha Award. She's a total homebody who loves to be close to her family, read, watch cooking competition shows, drink too much coffee, crochet, and bake cookies. Heather grew up in a suburb of Boston, but now lives in the Cincinnati area.
28 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) I am completely, hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper.
2) Three of my favorite shows as a child were Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Quincy, M.E. (Is it any wonder I write what I do?)
3) I love cookies. My current favorite is super-thin chocolate chip.
4) I change my mind a lot.
5) I love animals and include them in all my books. (Except the animal mentioned in #22)
6) I wake up every morning with a song in my head. (Sometimes one from #26)
7) My first trip to Salem, Massachusetts, was when I was a sixth-grader on a field trip.
8) When I sneeze, I get goosebumps. Every. Time.
9) I look forward to the first snow of the year every winter.
10) I like to be in complete control of the TV remote.
11) I have an impressive yarn stash, and it's still not enough. Need. More. Yarn.
12) Still own a pair of ice skates I used as a child (yet have not been ice skating in over twenty years!). [Updated 2014: I went skating again and lived to tell about it!]
13) I’m a very good driver (probably as a result of learning to drive in Massachusetts).
14) I don't like merry go-rounds or carousels. Hello, dizziness.
15) I once kissed a dolphin named Lester (and loved it!).
16) I'm very stubborn about certain things. (Despite # 4)
17) I collect tiny glass and ceramic bowls.
18) One of my favorite places is Stowe, Vermont.
19) I once wanted to be a medical examiner. (Thanks to the doc from #2)
20) One of my favorite items on my desk is a laughing Buddha.
21) I am as klutzy as people come—and have the scars to prove it.
22) I hate, hate, hate centipedes.
23) I like fried chicken better the next day as cold leftovers.
24) I love a spinny chair. (Despite #14)
25) I hated coffee until my late 30s, now I drink it every morning. (See # 4)
26) I'm a closet Hall & Oates fan. (Shhh!)
27) I have bouts of vertigo. (See # 14)
28) I would probably be a nurse if I wasn’t a writer. (Thank goodness this writing thing seems to be working out.)
Link to my alter ego.